Saturday, July 25, 2026

Summer Diet: Interlude

 I attended a Memorial service 500+ miles from home. As it relates to diet, I knew there would be carb-rich food. As mentioned repeatedly, falling off a ketogenic diet, it takes about 48 hours to restart it. 

On Wednesday I drove for 12 hours, and I drank water, coffee, and Coke Zero as I ate 8 oz. of Bussetto Spicy Salami. I ate 1.5 oz. of pork rinds in the evening.

Thursday is when I fell off the diet, and I do not regret it. I wanted to be pro-social, so of course I ate heartily. Something else helped to to decide to eat heartily. I live in New England, and the Memorial service was in Virginia. Homemade Southern food tastes better than homemade New England food. It's no secret why. Southerners use bacon fat and ham hock; New Englanders tend to use less tasty oils and fats. 

I went wild. I didn't eat excessively, but I tried to sample every dish on the bountiful spread. Taste and sociability won out. Fried chicken, green beans with animal-fat flavoring, mixed beans flavored with bacon fat, spaghetti with meat and cheese and sauce Virginia style....it was divine.

On Friday I drove home. Things went haywire. Remind me to tell you the story sometime. 517 miles took 15+ hours.  I ate 8 oz of Bussetto Spicy Salami, an oz. of pork rinds nd upon arriving home, 9 thin pretzels. I could have restarted the diet, but I had two+ oz. of gin and an oz. of  Everclear. Hard liquor is allowed on high protein diets, but my finding is that it impedes weight loss.

Today, Saturday, July 25, I took my six 6 tablespoons of proprietary arginine mix at 1 PM and drank coffee and seltzer water throughout the day. I am going to have a pan-seared steak tonight, but I might delay the restart should I decide to drink gin. 


Weight at 10:15 AM: 218 lb.

No comments:

Post a Comment